Creating a Classroom for Agriculture
Celebrating Our 60th Anniversary
Honoring Farmer Veterans: Those Who Feed and Defend Our Nation
The National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame was chartered by Congress in 1960 to serve as the national museum of agriculture and a memorial to farming leaders. Our mission is to provide education on the historical and present value of American agriculture and to honor leadership in agribusiness and academia.
We offer a variety of programs that are educational and fun for all ages. Join us as we honor farmers and veterans throughout the year. Find details about our educational programs here.
Be sure to check back often as we add more educational programs throughout the year.
- Poster contest for children grades 1-6, cash prizes, May 5 entry deadline, get the details
- Farm Tales: A Story and Agriculture Adventure – monthly themed adventures for children ages 4-12. FREE but you must pre-register, see the details on each month’s Farm Tales and register
- Inventors Who STEAMed Up Ag school program, grades 3-5, May 4-6
Help us celebrate our 60th anniversary and have fun while learning about agriculture! Check out all our events here.
Be sure to check back often as we add more events and details throughout the year.
- Tractor Cruise, May 1 – begin/end in Tonganoxie and travel 58 miles through Leavenworth County
- Chick Day – May 1, seminar, sales, coop rental
- Are you fit…or Farm Fit? Test your strength and endurance at this fun crossfit competition with Cobra Command CrossFit, May 22, get the details and register
- National Agricultural Center Farmer-Veteran Golf Tournament, June 23 at Sunflower Hills Golf Course, get the details and register
- Tractor Show with the Greater KC 2 Cylinder Tractor Club, July 31
- International Lineman’s Rodeo, October 16
- Red White & Blue BBQ and Hall of Fame Inductions, October 22-23
- Santa’s Express in Lights, December 3-5 and 10-12
Looking for a place for your wedding, or to host a meeting or party? Our grounds are the perfect spot! Our facilities provide lots of options for wedding, meetings, corporate events, reunions, campouts or other special events.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic please CALL FIRST and let us know whether you would like a guided tour or self-guided tour. That will enable us to make sure we have the appropriate tour staff and safety protocols when you arrive. Call 913-721-1075.
Hours: Beginning April 15, guided tours are offered on Thursday and Saturday, 10 AM – 1 PM. If you would like to do a self-guided tour, please call first and visit us Wednesday-Saturday, 10 AM – 2 PM. The tours (guided or self-guided) take at least 2 hours, or longer depending on your pace. Check out our special events too.
Admission: Suggested donation of minimum $5 per person.