Creating a Classroom for Agriculture
Celebrating Our 60th Anniversary
Honoring Farmer Veterans: Those Who Feed and Defend Our Nation
The National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame was chartered by Congress in 1960 to serve as the national museum of agriculture and a memorial to farming leaders. Our mission is to provide education on the historical and present value of American agriculture and to honor leadership in agribusiness and academia.
We offer a variety of programs that are educational and fun for all ages. Join us as we honor farmers and veterans throughout the year. Find details about our educational programs here.
Be sure to check back often as we add educational programs throughout the year.
- We create customized educational programs for your children’s group or class, featuring the inventors who are in the Agricultural Hall of Fame, life on prairie, and the vital role railroads had in agriculture in transporting people and livestock over the past 150+ years.
- Farm Tales: A Story and Agriculture Adventure – monthly themed adventures for children ages 4-12. FREE but you must pre-register. Programs are planned for May 20, June 17, June 19, July 15. See the details on each month’s Farm Tales and register. New program about John Deere on September 16.
- Inventors Who STEAMed Up Ag school program, an adventure about 4 inventors in the Hall of Fame, grades 3-5, May 4-6
NEW EXHIBIT! “Hard Times: Life in America During the 1930s” – On view in the main museum’s newly renovated gallery. Black-and-white photos portray life in America during the Great Depression and Dust Bowl eras. Learn more.
Help us celebrate our 60th anniversary and have fun while learning about agriculture! Check out all our events here.
Be sure to check back often as we add more events and details throughout the year.
- Tractor Cruise, May 1 – begin/end in Tonganoxie and travel 58 miles through Leavenworth County
- Chick Day – May 1, seminar, sales, coop rental
- Are you fit…or Farm Fit? Test your strength and endurance at this fun crossfit competition with Cobra Command CrossFit, May 22, get the details and register
- Family Fun Farm Tales on June 19 – 3 Scoops of Fun, Dairy Godmother story time and expanded activities, come celebrate National Dairy Month with us, get the details
- Tractor Show with the Greater KC 2 Cylinder Tractor Club, July 31 – kiddie pedal tractor pull, antique tractors, get the details
- Beer & Bagel 4-mile run, August 14, get the details and register
- International Lineman’s Rodeo, October 16
- Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductions of Senator Pat Roberts, Fabian Garcia and Elmo Mahoney, October 23
- Santa’s Express in Lights, December 3-5 and 10-12
Looking for a place for your wedding, or to host a meeting or party? Our grounds are the perfect spot! Our facilities provide lots of options for wedding, meetings, corporate events, reunions, campouts or other special events.
Barnyard Babies on April 23, 2022
It’s back! Our immensely popular Barnyard Babies Family Festival will be on Saturday, April 23, 2022. Mark your calendars and plan to join us!
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic please CALL FIRST and let us know whether you would like a guided tour or self-guided tour. That will enable us to make sure we have the appropriate tour staff and safety protocols when you arrive. Call 913-721-1075.
Hours: Beginning April 15, guided tours are offered on Thursday and Saturday, 10 AM – 1 PM. If you would like to do a self-guided tour, please call first and visit us Wednesday-Saturday, 10 AM – 2 PM. The tours (guided or self-guided) take at least 2 hours, or longer depending on your pace. Check out our special events too.
Admission: Suggested donation of minimum $5 per person.