Celebrating Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz!
August 2-4, 2018
Follow the yellow brick road for new adventures in Farm Town USA! Go back in time to early 1900s rural Kansas and experience farm life as Dorothy, Auntie Em, their friends and neighbors (mean ol’ Almira Gulch) lived. This three-day event features fun, food and festivities!
- Enjoy the Mesner Puppet Theater’s own version of “The Wizard of Oz” live on stage
- See the memorabilia exhibit from the International Wizard of Oz Club
- Slide down the Twisted Twister slide
- See farm animals
- Tour Miss Gulch’s farm home
- Ride the train
- See goats, chickens and other farm animals
- Entertain kids with Toto’s Tricks & Treasures crafts
- Participate in the daily Witch Cackling contest
- Enjoy Munchkin Munchies foods and treats
- Watch Professor Marvel’s Magic Show
- And so much more to see and do!
Then head next door to the Providence Amphitheater for the KC Theater League’s live evening performance of the Wizard of Oz. See more details about the Theater League’s performance here.
Click on the video to the right for a special message from The Wizard!
Thursday: 2 pm-6 pm
Friday and Saturday: 10 am-6 pm
- Mesner Puppets 3:00 Thursday, Noon and 3:00 Friday and Saturday
- Meet Dorothy and Tin Man from the cast of The Wizard of Oz 4:00-4:40 Thursday
- Professor Marvel’s Magic Show 4:00 Thursday, 1:30 Friday and Saturday
- Witch Cackling Contest 2:00 Friday and Saturday
- Giant Balloon Animal Kites Flying on Saturday
$8 adult, $4 child (age 2-12), free under age 2
You can purchase tickets at the gate with cash or credit card, or in advance through EventBrite. Please note: If you purchase your tickets through EventBrite, you will pay an EventBrite service fee in addition to the cost of the tickets.